How To Uninstall Skype For Business : Step-by-Step Guide To Install It
WuSince Microsoft acquired Skype in 2011, the communication platform has quickly changed from the elegant and easy-to-use software we loved. Know how to uninstall skype for business.
Skype was once a verb and has joined companies like Google and Facebook whose services are so important to us. We google the questions; we’re friends of Whatsapp. but we don’t have Skype anymore.
Sad? Maybe. But as technology advances, we sometimes have to move forward because we always prefer to try better things, don’t we? But don’t get me wrong, I still use Skype from time to time.
One thing I found really annoying about the application was the independent opening of Skype. Skype always starts automatically when I open my HP laptop (Windows 10, 64 bit). Worse still, it sometimes runs in the background in a “secret” way and consumes system resources (CPU, memory, hard disk, etc.) on my computer. Does that mean anything to you?
How to uninstall skype for business?
- Quit Skype. When you see the Skype icon in the taskbar, right-click it and select Exit. If you can’t see it, right-click on the taskbar (or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and click Task Manager, then select Skype and click Finish Task.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Find Skype in the list, right-click it and select Delete or Uninstall.
September 2020 Update:
We now recommend using this tool for your error. Additionally, this tool fixes common computer errors, protects you against file loss, malware, hardware failures and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. You can fix your PC problems quickly and prevent others from happening with this software:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Uninstalling Skype UWP
- Open the Start menu and go to the list of applications. Scroll through the list and find Skype. You can also use Windows Search to find them.
- Once you have found the application, right-click it and the context menu has an uninstall option. Click on it and click on Uninstall in the small confirmation box that opens.
- You can also uninstall Skype-UWP from the application settings. Open the Settings application and go to the Application Preferences group. Go to the Apps & Features tab and wait until the list of installed applications is complete, then click Skype to display an uninstall button. Click on it, confirm the uninstall in the dialog box that opens and Skype will be removed from your system.
Use the application settings
If you want to uninstall Skype, the best way to do so is to use the application settings. To uninstall Skype using the Settings application, simply do the following:
- Open the Settings application. You can do this by pressing the Windows + I shortcut key.
- When the Settings application opens, go to the Apps section.
- The list of applications is displayed. Select Skype from the list. Now click on the Uninstall button. Click again on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Skype.
As you can see, it’s easy to uninstall the Skype application using one of the following methods. Use PowerShell with caution and the appropriate command. The Settings menu is useful if you need to uninstall several applications, otherwise a right click on the Start menu method works correctly.
If you want to reinstall applications, you can do so from the Microsoft Store – or reinstall preinstalled applications using these PowerShell commands.