Gadgets are slowly taking control of people’s lives. People are more inclined towards devices, and sometimes, they are so addicted that they don’t even know what is happening around them. For example, no matter where you go, you will always see people more involved with their phones rather than interacting with people.
Today, we will talk about one such device that is a laptop. No doubt that laptops and other devices are very useful. It helps us a lot to cope up with our daily tasks. For office going people, it helps to conduct conference meetings smoothly, sending files to the boss etc. Other works like online classes, watching movies, playing games etc., can also be accomplished on a laptop.
But, if your laptop malfunctions, it becomes a big problem. To fix the problem it is very important to take a look at your budget. Thus, the question comes whether it is better to repair the laptop from Laptop Repair Dubai or to replace the laptop. We will discuss all the factors to help you make your decisions.
Check your Laptop Properly
Before you make any kind of decision you need to encounter the damage first, analyse the situation. As time passes, laptops are becoming less expensive, but that can’t be the reason for buying a brand new one.
Ask yourself whether you need a new laptop or not or take suggestions from Laptop Repair Services Dubai. There are certain factors that you need to consider before buying or repairing your laptop. Often people make wrong decisions in a crisis. There are certain questions that you can ask yourself to get the correct answer.
- The Repairing Cost
If you see that the repair cost is more than the new laptop, then it’s better to go with the new one, even if the repair cost is half of a new one. You also need to compare how different or better the repaired one will be than the new one. You need to consider how light it is, the processor, battery, RAM, etc.
- Time of Using the Laptop
You also need to consider the time period of the laptop. It might be possible that your laptop is 5+ years old. In such a situation, repairing the laptop won’t be a good option. If the laptop is 3 to 4+ years old, then you can go for either buying a new one or repairing the old one. If the laptop is under 2 years old, then go for the repairing one. Contact a reliable professional from Laptop Repair Services Dubai to help you out.
- Consider the Root Cause
You need to consider the problem. Not every problem will be solved by repairing. Like, if the main logic board is busted, then repairing it won’t help you much. And, if the hard drive fails, then you do have a chance to repair the laptop. Analysing the problem is the best way to determine how much money you need and whether it is worth it or not.
- Whether the Laptop is Under Warranty or not
Checking the warranty period is also very important. You can even try to extend your warranty. Some manufacturers can actually extend your warranty. It means that if your laptop is under warranty, then you can go for repairing or replacing the laptop. And, they won’t charge any money or maybe a minimal amount. It might also be possible that they replace some parts of your laptop. Thus, having a warranty is very much crucial.
These are the points you must check before going for any decision. In the next unit, we will discuss whether replacing or repairing is worth it or not.
Worth Repairing the Laptop
Some damages can be fixed; either you can do it all by yourself or hire professionals from Laptop Repair Services Dubai. In such a situation going for a repairing option will also save you money. Thus, we will discuss some of the points that you can fix. The points are given below.
- If you see that a key has popped off from your keyboard, you can just go to attach the key. You can surf the net and look at the instructions. If you are not at all confident, then go for hiring professionals. Here you don’t need to replace your laptop, because that can be too costly.
- In certain conditions, you see that the CD player is stuck and not opening. You can simply use a pin to open the CD player. Replacing the laptop would be a bad idea.
- Even if you want to replace the battery, it is quite easy. You can look for the instructions and follow them. You can even hire professionals for better use.
- Some fixes are where you need to hire professionals. Following the instructions from YouTube might not help you. And, it is better to take professional help than damage the laptop more.
- Apart from physical damage, almost all other damages can be fixed by Laptop Repair Dubai or you can take help from experts. Replacing a laptop can be a bit expensive in such cases.
Worth Buying a New Laptop
Over here, we will discuss such cases, where repairing a laptop would be a bit higher than buying a new one. Some indications are mentioned that will help you to make your discussion prominent. They are as follows:
- If you for a moment press the Power button and see nothing happens, then it’s an indication that you need a new laptop. Though you can try some troubleshooting steps, it won’t help much. So, it is better to replace the laptop because repairing can cost too high.
- It is quite normal if a laptop gets a little hot. As it takes a little time to cool down compared to the computer, due to its small size. But, if you notice that the framework is abnormally hot, then it’s not at all a good sign. It might be possible that your laptop is too old, thus showing such symptoms. These days laptops are designed in such a way that they can’t be open. Thus, it reduces any kind of services by the users, and you can’t really do much. So, it will be worth it if you buy a new one.
- If you see that your laptop screen is malfunctioning, it can be another point to replace the laptop. It might be possible that your screen is flickering and that could be bad for your eyesight. Or, it might be possible that due to any physical damage like a cracked screen your display is not working properly. You can replace the display screen with a new outlet and it is possible. But, if you look into the budget factor, then it is equal to the amount of a new laptop. Thus, we would recommend you to go with the new laptop.
Thus, here are some points that will help you to make a decision whether it is cheaper to repair or to replace. While going for a repair, we would just always opt for a trusted Laptop Repair Dubai service provider. And, in case you decide to buy a new laptop, then you must look through your requirements, before making any hasty decision.