Service Host SuperFetch is one of the built-in programs comes with the Windows 10. It is very effective in utilizing the memory unit and the CPU cycle. As a result, it boosts the device’s performance. However, some of the difficulties, such as the pre-loading app, the memory blockage issues, etc become common while you try to launch a new file in your system. So, in this article, let’s know about Service Host SuperFetch and how to optimize this program.
What Is Service Host SuperFetch?
It is a generic service of the latest Windows versions. The executable files svchost.exe is the resource file of this application. It is one of the host files that is a part of a dynamic-link library file. It boosts the performance of the systems with help of the important Windows components. Windows OS can manage the random memories that boost the system performance level efficiently. It copies all the commonly used files and stores them into the RAM that helps to access the running programs quickly.
Significant Roles Of Service Host SuperFetch In Windows 10
SuperFetch is one of the latest technology used in the updated version of Windows. It is popular due to some of its important features and extraordinary functionalities. It can enhance the system performance as well as protect your system from external issues. However, there are three main functionalities that make it unique from other services and help the users to understand its value.
- Service Host SuperFetch decreases the booting times. As a result, it utilizes time management factors automatically.
- It helps to load the recently used applications quickly. Accordingly, it happens due to its pre-loading back-up and the buffering like unique features.
- Service Host SuperFetch Windows 10 easily can learn the usage process and its patterns. So, the CPU cycles increase that enhances the throughput efficiently.
Other facilities you can reap from this valuable program are:
- SuperFetch reads the recently used data from RAM instead of hard drive as it keeps the data backup into the primary storage device.
- It can manage the random apps and allows Operating System to control it that boosts the applications as well as the device performances efficiently.
- You can see the recently used data or commonly used applications in a snap.
Recommended Blog: DNS server not responding
Service Host SuperFetch High Disk Issues – A Brief Discussion
Service Host SuperFetch creates a high disk issue as it takes more spaces to perform the app pre-loading process. Besides its incredible protective functionality, Service Host service is responsible for the unnecessary memory blockage issues.
- SuperFetch always runs in the background that reduces that uses processing units as well as corrupt the memory spaces. As result, the CPU fails to give a real-time performance. Moreover, you can’t install any external programs due to the memory blockage issue.Similarly, the system starts to lag on a frequent basis.
- SuperFetch doesn’t remove the basic app loading process into the RAM or buffer. So, it relocates the loading process earlier than starts to download. Thus, while the actual loading process starts, the entire process slows down. It may happen due to lack of memory spaces. Furthermore, it shows the message to reallocate the memory.
- System Startup process gets sluggish due to pre-allocation of the memory spaces. SuperFetch preloads a bunch of data from the hard disk drive or RAM memory. Thus, it decreases the system performance.
- If the Windows 10 is installed on the SSD (Solid State Drive), then your system doesn’t need to reload the programs. But, the SuperFetch is one of the culprit services that always prefers the preloading process.
Why Do You Need Disable SuperFetch Service?
Service Host SuperFetch acts as a drive catching service. It copies all the files before loading and stores them into the RAM. This approach increases the booting speed but decreases the performances indirectly.
- If you use old or obsolete hardware, then the service causes the high disk usage problem. It corrupts the memory spaces and prevents to install the new files. Moreover, you won’t able to re-install your system driver without removing this annoying issue.
- Even, you won’t able to compute the shortest jobs in your system as the SuperFetch always runs as a background app and stores the recently accessed files into the primary memory.
- Your system starts to lag as the I/O devices stop to respond.
Facing Problems With SuperFetch Service? Check Out These Troubleshooting Steps
If you face the problems with the SuperFetch service, then the best approach is to disable the service as soon as possible to avoid it. Do you think “How Can I disable SuperFetch service?” or struggling with the removing the service? Follow the steps below and avoid all the possible errors associated with the service host SuperFetch.
Disable The App Via Service App
- Press Windows Key and R together from the keyboard and the Run dialog box will appear. Type “services.msc”. Then, press Enter key to bring up the Services window.
- Here, you will find a list of the activated services in your system and choose SuperFetch from the list.
- After that, right-click on that service and choose the option Properties.
- Click on Stop from the Properties window.
If you stop the services from its running status, then follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start type section under the Properties and tap on Disabled to remove the service host SuperFetch.
- When done, go to the Task Manager and check the disk usage. It will show the current status of your disk. It helps to understand the problematic factor of the services.
Disable The Program From Registry Window
- Press Windows key and type “regedit” in the search box. Then, hit the Enter key and launch the Windows Registry window.
- Now, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder from the left pane of the window and choose System under it.
- Click on the Control under the folder CurrentControlSet and open the Session Manager.
- After that, select PrefetchParameters under the folder MemoryManagement.
- Double-tap on the Enable SuperFetch value on the right section of the active window.
- Enter the value “0” in the DWORD value and disable the service.
- Click on the OK to confirm the service deactivation process.
- When done, close the Registry editor window and reboot the system.
Resolve With Windows Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key from the keyboard and type “Control” in the search box. Now, hit the Enter key.
- In the Control Panel window, choose the option View by Category and click on the program System and Security.
- Then, go to the section System and Maintenance and choose Troubleshooting.
- Tap on Fix Problems with Windows Update.
- Click on Next button and then click on the option saying Try Troubleshooting as an administrator.
- It will take a few minutes to identify the affected files and troubleshoot them one by one.
Perform Disk Cleaning Process
- Click on the Start menu and type “disk clean” in the search box. Now, open the Disk Cleanup window by hitting the Enter key.
- After that, choose the disk where you want to perform the cleaning process from the dialog box. You can use the drop-down arrow to choose any of the disks like C:\, D:\ or other external drives. Otherwise, you can select one after another to make them empty.
- It will take several minutes to complete the disk cleaning process. It will show you a successful message after performing the disk cleaning process.
- When done, restart your device and check whether the service host SuperFetch is working properly or not.
Disable Service Host SuperFetch
- Press Windows and type “cmd” in the search box. Now, right-click on the Command Prompt from the menu list.
- Then, choose Run as administrator and confirm it by pressing Yes. it will verify the admin account and open the Command Prompt window.
- In the Command prompt window, type “net.exe Stop SuperFetch” and run it.
- Again, run another command “chkdsk.exe/f/r” on the resultant window.
- Finally, press Y to confirm the disable process of Service Host SuperFetch Windows 10.
Re-enable Process Of Service Host: SuperFetch
To enable after disabling the Service Host SuperFetch is not a difficult task. You can try out the process below to activate it again.
- First, open the Windows Registry window and go to the left panel of the window.
- Choose the folder named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and choose Content Control Set under the System folder.
- After that, you have to select Memory Management from the sub-folder Session Manager.
- Next, click on Prefetchparameters from the list and open its window.
- Now, double-click on the option EnableSuperFetch from the right-side. If the value is not shown on the screen, then right-click on the Prefetch parameters folder.
- Select the option DWORD Value under the New option and tap on the OK to confirm the reactivate the service host superfetch.
You should remember before enabling the service. The four consecutive values are used for different purposes:
- If you enter the Value “0” then, it disables the entire service host: superfetch.
- Value 1 is used to enable the prefetching process while the program is launched in your device.
- To enable the boot prefetching process, fill the value field with 2. It is applicable to some of the specific programs.
- For setting every upcoming program into the prefetching state, enter the value 3. It will keep all the backup into the RAM instead of using the Hard disk drive.
In this context, we have discussed the Service Host SuperFetch with its incredible functionalities. It will help you the importance of this valuable service for improving the system performance. It also enhances the CPU cycles as well as repair the corrupted memory devices through its built-in features. Inspite of its excellent activities, the unnecessary pre-loading application creates a problem in CPU cycle.
However, I have discussed the possible reasons behind these major issues and also analyze the significant indications of the problem. I hope you will get help to resolve this service host SuperFetch high disk issue if you go through the entire article carefully.
So, Hope you got the solution well need more solution visit to techcloud7.org or mail us at email@example.com